Social Integration Income
Social Integration Income (RSI) Social Integration Income (RSI)
- To protect someone who is facing an extreme poverty condition.
This benefit combines:
- A cash benefit to ensure that you have enough resources to meet your basic needs
- A Social Integration Contract with a set of actions established in accordance with the characteristics and conditions of the Applicant's household, aiming at their progressive social, professional and community integration.
Who is entitled Who is entitled
Who is entitled
- Individuals or families with legal residence in Portugal who need support to improve their social and professional integration
- Individuals who are providing essential care to members of their household within the informal caregiver scheme's scope.
- 12 months
- This period may be extended, provided that the Eligibility Conditions are maintained.
Amount & Eligibility Conditions
For Applicants living alone
Variable. The monthly benefit amount is the difference between 189.66€ and the Applicant's monthly income.
Monthly income is no higher than 189.66€.
The value of movable assets held by the Applicant (bank deposits, shares, bonds, postal savings certificates, participation securities and units in collective investment institutions or other financial assets) must not exceed 26,328.60€.
For Applicants living with family members
Variable. The monthly benefit amount is the difference between the sum of all household members' value (see below) and their monthly household income.
To calculate the maximum monthly benefit amount, we need to add the value of each household members:
- 189.66€ for the Applicant
- 132.76€ for the second adult and subsequent ones
- 94.83€ for each child or youngster under the age of 18
- The total amount of all household members' monthly income cannot be equal or higher than the maximum amount, calculated according to the household composition
- The value of movable assets held by the Applicant and/or the members of his household (bank deposits, shares, bonds, postal savings certificates, participation securities and units in collective investment institutions or other financial assets) must not exceed 26,328.60€ (60 times the value of the Social Support Index).
How to apply How to apply
Required documents Required documents
- Mod. RSI 1- DGSS - Requerimento Rendimento Social de Inserção (Social Integration Income Application)
- Valid identification document of the Applicant and of the other household members (citizen card or ID document, civil registration certificate, birth certificate, passport)
- The tax identification document (NIF) of the Applicant and the other household members (if they do not have a citizen card)
- Copies of documents supporting the Applicant's earnings (salary) in the month before the application submission date, in case of regular income
- Copies of documents supporting the Applicant's earnings (salary) in the three months before the application submission date, in case of variable income
- Copies of the following documents proving legal residence in Portugal, issued by a competent authority
Please find out more information in the Practical Guide – Social Integration Income (RSI).