IGFCSS, I.P. main tasks:
- Manage the Social Security Reserve Fund (FEFSS) and other Funds, as well as any other financial assets that are allocated to it;
- Administer the public capitalization regimen, including the management of the funds and rent plans subjacent to it;
- Promote an adequate planning, organization, management and control of tasks related to portfolio management, market analysis and statistical information;
- Administrate the real estate assets allocated to it;
- Negotiate and enter into contracts regarding pertinent instruments with institutions belonging to the monetary and financial systems;
- Carry out the necessary transfers to ensure the financial stabilization of social security;
- Cooperate and adequately coordinate its activity with other social security services and institutions;
- Advise the member of Government responsible for social security about issues, particularly related to capitalization, within its area of expertise.
Additionally, IGFCSS, I.P. may provide other entities, both public and private, with fund management services, advice or technical support services, due to its experience and the information it gathers, and it can also manage autonomous asset pools that are to be invested with a medium to long term horizon.