Social allowances under the contingencies of maternity and paternity
Who is entitled? Who is entitled?
- National and foreign citizens, refugees and stateless persons not covered by any compulsory social protection scheme
- Covered by a compulsory social protection scheme or by the voluntary social security scheme, whose social protection scheme includes protection in case of maternity, paternity and adoption, but who do not have the qualifying period.
What benefits can be granted What benefits can be granted
- Parental social allowance which integrates the following modalities:
- Initial parental social allowance
- Initial parental social allowance exclusively granted to the mother
- Initial parental social allowance granted to one of the parents in case of unavailability of the other parent
- Initial parental social allowance exclusively granted to the father
- Social allowance specifically if the new born remains in hospital
- Specific risks social allowance
- Social allowance for clinical risk during pregnancy
- Social allowance for termination of pregnancy
- Social allowance to cover displacement to a hospital unit situated outside the island of residence of the pregnant woman, for delivery
Eligibility conditions Eligibility conditions
- The claimant must reside in the national territory or be in an equivalent situation
- The claimant and his or her household cannot have assets higher than 106.368,00 € (corresponding to 240 times the Social Support Index - SSI)
- Fulfil the means testing criteria at the time of the event that gave rise to the need for protection: monthly household income not higher than 354,56 € (corresponding to 80% of the SSI), subject to weighted per capita calculations.
SSI: 443,20 €
Calculation of household income per capita - The weighting of each element is based on the following equivalence scale:
The granting of the social allowances for clinical risk during pregnancy, for termination of pregnancy and for specific risks is conditional upon the pursuing of an occupational activity that determines enrolment in a compulsory or voluntary social security scheme.
The social allowances granting period is equal to that applied to the corresponding allowances guaranteed under the insurance system.
The amount of the social allowances corresponds to a percentage of the Social Supports Index – SSI = 443,20 €.
80% of SSI = 354,56€*
11,82€ daily amount
Initial parental allowance
In case of:
Addition to the initial parental leave:
|In case of 180 days (150+30) if the benefit is shared||
66% of SSI = 292,51€9,75€ daily amount
|In case of 150 days||
64% of SSI = 283,65€9,46€ daily amount
|*This amount also applies to the social parental allowance exclusively for the father|
How to claim How to claim
Social allowances are applied for using the same forms corresponding to the benefits guaranteed under the insurance system.
Social allowance specifically if the new born remains in hospital